Building The Foundation: Startup Classroom Supplies
After completing Teach for America’s - 2018 New-york Institute I will be responsible for my very own classroom! I can't wait to decorate and meet my students and their families. One of the biggest hurdles that students in high need schools face is a lack of the necessary materials that are needed daily. It makes it infinitely more difficult for students to take part in activities and classwork when they do not have basic supplies.
To get the year started off right, I will use the funds that I raise to purchase the startup supplies needed to welcome my students to a classroom that is clean and stocked full with materials. This will allow me to provide the required supplies to students that otherwise would not have them. I will also purchase copy paper to ensure that I can provide my students with high quality learning materials, whether that is exit tickets, independent activities, or homework. Thank you so much in advance for supporting me and my students at the beginning of this exciting journey.
Every dollar I receive will be put towards classroom supplies so anything you can contribute really will make a difference for my first year. I want to make a great impression and a lasting impact on my first group of students and letting them know that they have a community that supports them both near and far will definitely get us on the right track. Here is a complete list of the materials that your generous investment will help provide for the students of my very first classroom:
- 3 Boxes of Paper (15 Reams) - $75.00
- 2 Boxes of Pencils (288 Count) - $40.00
- Kleenex (18 Pack) - $36.00
- Anchor Chart Paper (2 Pack) - $30.00
- Scotch Thermal Laminator - $29.00
- Hand Sanitizer (Pack of 2) - $28.00
- 12 Quart Stackable Storage (6 Pack) - $26.00
- Paper Towels (12 Rolls) - $24.00
- 2 Packs of Dry Erase Markers (32 Count) - $22.00
- 2 Packs of Ball-Point Pens (48 Count) - $22.00
- 2 Packs of Grading Pens (24 Count) - $22.00
- Broom with Dust Pan - $20.00
- Pack of Highlighters (50 Count) - $17.00
- 3 Packs of Erasers (36 Count) - $16.00
- Scotch Laminator Sheets (100 Pack) - $14.00
- 3x5 Index Cards (10 Packs) - $12.00
- 2 Packs of Sharpie Chart Markers (16 Count) - $12.00
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (3 Pack) - $10.00
- Swingline 3-Hole Punch - $10.00
- Post-it Notes (18 Pads) - $8.00
- Sharpie Permanent Marker (12 Count) - $7.00
- Paper Clips (450 Count) - $6.00
- Swingline Stapler - $6.00
- Binder Clips (30 Count) - $5.00
- Swingline Staples (5000 Count) - $3.00
Back Up Plan
Fundraiser Updates (2)
Thank you investors! Here's a quick update...
August 21, 2018
I want to extend a BIG thank you to our investors! Yesterday was my first day with my little ones in Kindergarten, and we are all so pumped to learn and make new friends this year. They are absolutely adorable and super smart. I wish you could meet them!! I want to give an update about the classroom items we've purchased so far thanks to your generosity. This has been such an amazing gift since our school has limited funds for our classroom:
- a lamp for our class library
- velcro dots to post signs, name tags for jacket hooks, etc (these are a lifesaver in the classroom because tape isn't reliable!)
- digital timers to keep our lesson plan pacing, esp when my co-teacher and I are conferencing with students during independent student work times in writing and math)
- super cool stickers to reward positive student behavior (this is especially great for our Kinder class that is learning the ropes of being in school and in the classroom)
These are some of the things we needed right away and have purchased, but we are saving the remaining funds for later in the year. We hope to be able to replenish any other necessary supplies or use it to purchase classroom decorations during the big holidays.
My entire Kinder class and I thank you with a big hug!
June 25, 2018
Hello Everyone! Thank you for visiting my funding page. I will be teaching either Kindergarten or 1st grade in Harlem, and any donation would help me teach the little ones this fall!
About the Creator
Do The Write Thing
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago