Nurturing a Love for Literacy
With these funds I will...
The number one goals in my 6th grade reading classes is to foster a love for reading in my students. When students arrive in my classroom on the first day of school, they are on average 1-2 grade levels behind their expected reading level. Many of my kids have never been told they are good readers, nor do they believe they are. This year, we are going to change that. By first creating a nurturing and encouraging environment, I will reach my classroom goal, creating on level readers in the process. To create this classroom environment, I need some help! This fundraiser aims to add the following things to my classroom:
- Plethora of sticky notes for annotating our class texts
- Age appropriate books and magazines for our classroom library
- Bookshelves for our classroom library
- Class set of clipboards for completing assignments while reading on the reading rug
- Reading rug for shared reading times
- Class set of whiteboards for writing practice
- Class set of dry erase markers for writing practice
- Storage for whiteboard supplies
- Positive signs and encouraging posters
- Pillows for creating comfortable reading spots for silent reading
Back Up Plan
If we do not reach our goal, I will purchase our supplies throughout the year beginning from the top of the list and making our way down.