littleBits makes a platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small.
Let’s empower the next generation to have the creative confidence & curiosity to always ask why. To test ideas without fear. To take feedback without ego. To use their brains and hands to solve real-world problems when there isn’t a clear right answer. With littleBits, kids learn how to be more than just consumers of technology. They become inventors.
littleBits are in the hands of over 14,500 educators in 5,000 schools from 60 countries.
How It Works
The STEAM Student Set engages students in STEM/STEAM learning through creating fun inventions.
- Teaching is easy with electronic building blocks that encourage exploration, experimentation and creativity.
- Supports learners in grades 3-8 with 19 Bits and 38 accessories, a 72-page Student Invention Guide with 8 challenges and 10 companion lessons, plus a 100+ page online Teacher’s Guide and Invention Logs.
- Sets you up for 16+ hours of step-by-step STEM/STEAM teaching.
- All lessons, like 'Invent an Art Machine' and 'Hack Your Classroom', link to NGSS and Common Core. ntegrates Art and Design into traditional STEM learning.
- Works for classroom/makerspace instruction or self-directed learning.
The Gizmos & Gadgets 2nd Edition is the ultimate invention toolbox. Control your invention with a smartphone or tablet using the new BLE Bit! Motors, wheels, lights, switches, servos, buzzers even a remote control - snap it all together to spark creativity and fun.
- Turn screen time into hands-on learning as you create inventions and control them from your smart device
- Build science, engineering, art and math skills as you problem-solve and invent
- Reuse your Bits in unlimited ways to create new, imaginative inventions
- Includes accessories, instructions and materials for 16 inventions right out of the box
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices. Smart phone or tablet not included